Monday, January 25, 2010

Love this blog from another Music Together teacher

Once in while I get a reminder of how unusual the MT atmosphere is- today I had a visiting prospective mom and 2-year-old girl. The girl had a great time, jumped right in with the experienced kids on small and large movement, putting away instruments, concentrating and smiling in equal measure. It was a great class, ending with one of those magical lullabies when EVERYONE gets quiet and peaceful-and afterward the mom asked me nervously, "Is it always this chaotic?"

I thought back-let's see, there were kids lying in the middle of the circle, interrupting me, dancing when I wasn't dancing, and sometimes ignoring my brilliant teaching. And an experienced group of grown-ups just kept on making music together.

So I said, "No-sometimes it's much more chaotic!"

No comments: